The oblong face shape is distinctive with its elongated appearance where the jawline, cheekbones, and forehead exhibit approximately the same width, but the face’s length is notably longer in comparison to its width. This shape is particularly elegant due to its balanced proportions, long cheek-line, or mid-face, and refined angles, often coupled with a high forehead and a more pronounced, round chin, lending the face a harmonious and stretched, majestic look. The unique structure of this shape, characterized by its uniform width from the forehead through the cheekbones down to the jawline, creates a resonant and sophisticated profile.
- Length-to-Width Ratio: The oblong face shape is marked by a notable length that is significantly longer compared to its width, presenting a distinct stretched appearance.
- Uniform Width: A defining feature of this face shape is the equivalent width across the jawline, cheekbones, and forehead, contributing to its distinctive elongated silhouette.
- Pronounced, Round Chin: This face shape often exhibits a pronounced, round chin, contrasting with its overall linear structure and adding to its unique profile.
- High Forehead: Typically, oblong face shapes have a high forehead, which accentuates its elongated appearance and complements its linear features.
- Long Cheek-line: The oblong face shape is characterized by a long cheek-line or mid-face, which creates a refined visual impact.
- Elegant & Refined: The elongated appearance and balanced proportions of an oblong face shape are often associated with a sense of elegance and refinement, suggesting a person of sophistication and poise.
- Majestic & Distinctive: The stretched, harmonic resonance of the profile in oblong face shapes can create an impression of majesty and distinction, reflecting a unique and singular presence.
- Structured & Disciplined: The uniformity in width from the forehead to the jawline can be perceived as indicative of a structured and disciplined personality, portraying an individual as organized and meticulous.
- Intelligent & Perceptive: The high forehead and elongated chin might be associated with intelligence and perception, creating an impression of a thoughtful and insightful individual.
- Assertive & Confident: The balanced and proportionate features of an oblong face shape can also suggest assertiveness and confidence, signaling a strong and self-assured personality.
If you have an oblong face shape, you know, you look like Hilary Swank for your face shape.
When it comes to your make-up, we have to step it up. That is why we are going to make your face look shorter and broader by using bronzer to contour your face.
Contour your forehead and chin in order to soften the sharpness of either side. This will give your face a softer round look. The use of bold colors for your eye shadow will draw attention to your complimentary shaped eyes.. Do not be shy with adorning them with sexy extra long eyelashes. This all adds to softening the features of your face. If you already have long eyelashes, then no need to add extras, instead just double up on the curling or use a lash enhancing mascara. Highlight the apples or tops of your cheeks to widen the look of your face. Natural lip colours always go well on an oblong face shape; as it is subtle and does not accentuate the strong jawline.
The best hairstyle that matches your look are bob and lob styles. You also can never go wrong when you add bangs to it. Either of these styles can be done with medium, long and mid-neck length hair. You can also do the bob with short hair., or you can get really long bangs which can be be side swept across your face. This will make your face look shorter.
For medium length and mid-neck hairstyles, you could get a shaggy bob with a side parting. The hair is done with short gentle waves. You would have that slightly unkempt look, but that is the trendy look these days. When volume is added to the hair, it takes the focus away from the length of the face and makes the eyes, nose and lips the focal point. You could also get a textured bob with short layers at the back all the way to the chin area, and then sign the look off with bangs. You could try a short bob; with a bit of the hair at the front slightly covering the forehead when the hair is swept to the side. This is a perfect way to soften the face and minimise the long features.
For a long hairstyle you could add soft waves to the hair, bangs that can be swept to the side and layers added. This will add bounce to the hair, increase the width of your face and give the illusion of a rounder face shape.
A general rule to follow when doing a long hairstyle is to stick to loose waves or curls. A side or central parting is fine. The most important thing is that the style adds width to your face, as that gives the illusion of a thinner face offsetting the typical oblong facial look.
Finally, your sunglasses will be the final thing that will pull your whole look together. The shades that will do this are sunglasses that are wider or have square frames. These will make your face look shorter as well as add width to it. Short and narrow frames however will do the exact opposite so should be avoided.
Now you see how easy it is to find hairstyles, make-up and glasses to go with an oblong face shape? Most people would think on a woman it would take a lot of work to get what looks right. In my opinion, as long as you remember to accentuate your eyes and cheekbones, wear a hairstyle that softens your face and adds width to it, and apply that same rule to the shades you wear you will do just fine. You might even bag your Prince Charming looking like that, that is if he has not snapped you up already.
Wow! I swear I had to do a double take when I saw you just now. Anyone ever told you that you look like Ben Affleck? I thought it was my lucky day bumping into a famous person! Because you have that face shape is why I think I thought you were him. That oblong face shape; quite unique.
Did you know the best haircuts to suit guys with your face shape are classic styles? This is because your face is already symmetrical. It is best to keep the haircut short. You can spike the top hair to give it some attitude. Get a crew cut, have it slicked back or even get a side parting. A side fringe style will reduce the length of your face. A buzz cut is easy to maintain. It can be different short lengths, and is perfect for the busy guy who does not fussing over his hair. If you have curly or wavy hair, then just keep it short as that will soften the edges of your face. You can add a fade on the sides to all the styles I have just mentioned. Just keep the fading to a minimum as too much will make your head look bigger.
When it comes to your beard, if you have one or thinking of growing it, make sure you keep it tame, short and even a decent stubble will look good. If it gets too bushy it will make your face look even bigger and longer. That is not what you want, so give it a trim as and when needed.
Now for the last but not the least part of your attire, the sunglasses. Due to the length of your face, you want frames that will make your face a little wider and shorter. Square frames with some detail in them or even some colour in the top half will do just that. You can even go for wide glasses with curvy edges as this will also make your face look wider. The makeover is done! You are already blessed with symmetry, but now you are looking even better than Ben Affleck. Before I go I still have to ask, you still sure you are not related to Ben somehow?